It’s a fact that the first thing people notice on you is your smile. As part of your smile, they also notice your teeth and lips. Although you are not aware of that, the way your lips look makes a big impression on people.
According to a wellness expert, your lips are barometers of your mental and physical health. They are also a doorway to the inner work of your body, according to Hari Simran Khalsa, an alternative health practitioner. In order to keep your lips healthy and prevent them from drying, she suggests you:
- Use lip balm to keep your lips moisturized
- Use lip treatments to help nourish them
- Drink more water
- Eat more fresh foods and less processed foods and sugar
- Don’t peel, tense, or bite your lips
Most people, especially women, use lip balms to keep their lips moisturized. However, many of them still experience dry lips. This is because not every lips balm contains the ingredients your lips need in order to be healthy. If you want to avoid this problem, you should consider using a CBD oil lip balm. This kind of lip balms has similar benefits on your lips as the well-known CBD oil balm.
What Causes Dry And Chapped Lips
Before we go into explaining the benefits of CBD oil lips balms, we will look at the things that cause lip problems, such as dryness. Namely, your lips can become severely dry and chapped due to:
- Dehydration – This happens when you aren’t drinking enough water for your body to function properly. It can also happen if you are drinking too much alcohol, coffee, sugary drinks, and drinks that contain tannins (tea, some types of fruit juice, and red wine).
- Constantly licking your lips – Licking your lips makes them dry when exposed to wind, sunlight, or cold weather. Moreover, if they are dry, licking can worsen the condition.
- Environmental factors – Your lips can become dry od chapped when you are exposed to cold weather, hot weather, and wind.
- UV damage – If you aren’t using sun protection on your lips, as on your skin, they will become dry and even inflamed.
- Nutrient deficiency – Your lips can also become dry or chapped when your body lacks nutrients, such as vitamin B, iron, and zinc
Additionally, your lips may be dry or chapped due to some medical conditions, such as angular cheilitis, which usually splits your lip corners. Also, it can be due to the use of drugs, such as antihistamines or chemotherapy medications, and supplements, such as lithium and retinoids.
Things To Know About CBD Oil Lip Balm
When people hear the word cannabis or CBD, the first thing that comes to their mind is drugs. While cannabis can be used as a narcotic, the CBD oil can’t. This is mostly because CBD is different from cannabis. Although it’s derived from it, CBD doesn’t contain the main psychoactive constituent of cannabis, THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which is the thing that makes you high. In fact, CBD oil has only healthy properties which boost your health and improve your overall wellbeing, including:
Related: Can we use CBD Oil For Dystonia?
- Helps relief pain – By altering the way the endocannabinoid system in your body works, CBD oil can help reduce pain, including chronic pain. It’s because CBD affects the activity of the endocannabinoid receptors, reduces inflammation, and interacts with the neurotransmitters.
- Can reduce anxiety – By affecting the brain’s receptors for serotonin, CBD oil can reduce anxiety and other mental conditions, such as depression and insomnia.
- Can reduce the cancer-related symptoms
- Supports healthy hearts
- Helps with skin problems
- Could help in preventing diabetes
Being this healthy, scientists started making products that contain CBD. So, now you can find CBD skincare products, CBD cosmetic lines, and CBD drops you can take daily as a supplement. Of course, one of those amazing products is the CBD oil lip balm. We guess you are interested in knowing more about this lip balm, here are several facts about it:
- CBD oil lip balm won’t make you high.
- CBD oil lip balm protects your lips from external exposures.
- CBD oil lip balm helps heal the lips damaged from the sun.
- CBD oil lip balm has the same benefits as a regular lip balm, plus the benefits of CBD oil.
EDITOR’S BEST CHOICE: TOP 11 CBD CAPSULES
Looking for a high-quality, hemp-derived CBD oil? These are a few of our team’s top picks. To learn more, visit this year’s ranking of the Best 10 CBD Oil Drops.
CBD Oil Vape Additive 300 mg
The CBD oil vape additive 300 mg works wonderfully feel at its own And your purchase is risk-free, thanks to their 30-day satisfaction guarantee and free shipping policy.
Use coupon code FXSAVINGS to save 10%
The Benefits Of Using Cbd Oil Lip Balm
Although it’s still new on the market, CBD oil balms quickly became popular due to the positive customers’ reviews. This is because they, apart from having the ingredients that traditional lip balms have, also contain a high-quality CBD oil. As it is widely known, this oil has anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties which help with skin problems, including the lip area. Due to its incredible properties, a CBD oil lip balm:
- Makes your lips smooth and shiny without making them greasy.
- Reduces the inflammation and pain that is typical for dry, cracked and flaky lips. In fact, many users who used a CBD oil lip balm on superficial cuts claim that it helped the skin heal faster.
- Its healing properties allow CBD oil lip balm to work its magic on seriously chapped lips even after few applications. This is unlikely to happen when using traditional lip balms.
- Some CBD oil lip balms also contain vitamins A, C, and E, which support healthy skin and slow down the aging process.
- Some CBD oil lips balms also contain hydrating, moisturizing, and soothing organic oils and plant butters which keep your lips silky smooth and soft throughout the entire day. Moreover, since lips don’t have oil glands, hence they can’t produce protective oils, a lot of CBD oil lip balms have added oils, such as jojoba, argan, and coconut oil.
- If CBD oil lips balms used to have weird smell and taste, now they don’t. This is because they have added flavours which make them tasty.
Dry and chapped lips are a very common problem, especially during the winter. While they don’t pose a threat to your health, they can become a real problem if not treated on time. Namely, they can lead to inflammation, swelling, flaking, soreness, and even bleeding.
Therefore, while the situation isn’t severe, you should start using a high quality lip balm and home remedies, if needed. But, since not all lip balms are same, you should choose the one that will help your lips regain their smoothness and shine and will prevent future irritations. In order to ensure your lips are 100% protected, you should consider lip balms that contain CBD oil.